Friday, May 20, 2011

Emergency Ultrasound Course

If you are a serious about pursuing a career in emergency medicine, I highly recommend taking a quality course in emergency ultrasound techniques. The potential for ultrasound in the ED is vast. All EM residency programs must now provide ultrasound training for their graduates to be board-eligible.

This year, I attended both the Introductory and Advanced emergency ultrasound courses by 3rd Rock Ultrasound. The experience was excellent and by far one of the best emergency medicine CME experiences I have attended to date. My next working day, I was able to put these new skills to work as an extension of my physical examination.

The view available courses, visit: http://www.emergencyultrasound.com/

1 comment:

  1. What is the credentialing process for this skill at your institution? Are there a set number of scans before you can use it in clinical decision making? A QI program? Is it billable as a PA? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete